პედაგოგი, მეცნიერებათა დეპარტამენტი, ნიკო ნიკოლაძის სახელობის სკოლა, ქუთაისი, საქართველო
Challenging and Perspective - Curriculum Design at Akaki Tsereteli State University
(კურიკულუმის დიზაინი: თანამედროვე პრინციპები, მეთოდები და ტექნოლოგიები)
Introduction and aim: Definition of curriculum had kind of evolution throughout the century starting from 1902 finishing 2010. The study emphases and vector goes to from experience and teaching process to learning and more based on learning outcomes and skills that the student should acquire. In our research we worked on the learning outcomes because learning outcome has become a major aspect of the curriculum development. If in the past curriculum was mainly based on the courses, subject, the goals and the content, today we observe that the learning outcomes are based on what students should know to gain the qualification. Learning outcomes reflect what knowledge and competences our graduate may have on this very competitive market. In this study, we found information about Georgia Educational System. For example,
1. Georgia joined Bologna process;
2. The new law of Georgia on Higher Education created a legal basis for reforms:
- Admission, National entrance examinations;
- Authorization and accreditation procedures;
- Introduction of ECTS credit system;
- Introducing QA service.
Research methodology: In our research we decided to do research on how learning outcomes oriented curriculum is established at ATSU. For this research, we did that;
1. Analyze how and when the learning-oriented curriculum turned out to be desired (study of the definitions of Curriculum during the last century);
2. Show the similarities and differences among different countries in terms of the learning outcomes of MA program in leadership and management in higher Education (comparative study);
3. Study what are the problems and perspectives for ATSU to implement LO-based curricula (quantitative study, online questioner).
Results and implications: This paper examines the effectiveness of learning outcomes (Learning outcomes are direct statements that describe the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that learners are expected to certainly, demonstrate in successfully completing a program.) in the ATSU. Learning outcomes plays very important role in education. I searched the similarities and differences among different countries in terms of the learning outcomes of MA program in leadership and management in higher Education. I prepared the different survey (Among them 9 students, 6 academic staff, 2 program managers, 5 quality assurance people) to study what are the problems and perspectives for ATSU to implement LO-based curricula.
Conclusion: In conclusion, this research shows that:
- More training for the stuff in skills for better writing curriculum;
- Training in team work;
- Designing better links with stakeholders;
- Student’s involvement in curriculum design;
- Improving foreign language competence among stuff and the students;
- Designing measurable learning outcomes;
- Designing corresponding rubrics to measure the corresponding outcomes.
- To make the Program Learning Outcomes more market oriented
- Learning outcomes can be harmonies with Teaching methodology and Assessment System
- Learning Outcomes can be compliance with Program Learning Outcomes
- Learning Outcomes of the program market-oriented can be support employability.
Keywords: curriculum, ECTS, Bologna process