დეკანის მოადგილე, ბიზნესისა და ეკონომიკის ფაკულტეტი, აღმოსავლეთ ევროპის უნივერსიტეტი, თბილისი, საქართველო
ბრენდის კომუნიკაციის როლი უმაღლესი სასწავლებლების იმიჯისა და რეპუტაციის ჩამოყალიბებაში
The Role of Brand Communication in the Formation of Higher Education Institutional Image and Reputation
(გლობალური საკითხები და თანამედროვე გამოწვევები განათლებაში)
Introduction and aim: Research hypothesis – Perception of the value of higher education institution as a brand depends on efficient means of communication, accurately selected messages and channels.
Research methodology: To achieve the aim I have conducted qualitative and quantitative research: in-depth interviews, group interviews (focus groups), surveys (quantitative research). While working on the topic I used field and office research methods. The office research method means to study available literature and make secondary conclusion and interpretations. In terms of fieldwork, such research is defined as conducting a survey by using various survey questionnaires.
Results and implications: Recommendations to develop academic reputation and image based on the qualitative and quantitative research:
• Permanent and consistent research of the image, so to reveal “competitive” and or other comparative advantages of the institution and how services can be best provided to the target group;
• Consistent survey of students, applicants, academic and administrative staff, base the communication strategy on the results of the survey;
• Systematic research of the labor market, identification of its situational and long-term demand and orientating on them;
• Establishing two-way communication with students and academic personnel;
• Creating integrated marketing strategy based on research;
• Identifying various target audience and their individual channels of communication; for instance: parents, applicants, lecturers;
• Considering inside and outside audience, stakeholders while communicating;
• Informing graduates as brand ambassadors more and get them involved in the strategy of brand communications;
• Preserving qualified academic personnel and getting exclusive contract with them;
Conclusion: The research concluded that before making a final decision in choosing a university to study, applicants consider two main components: academic reputation of higher education institution and advice from alumni. The most efficient means of brand communication is integrated two-way communication with customers.
Keywords: brand communication, higher education, academic reputation, image, institution, target audience, student